Kayaking and Wildlife
QUADRA ISLAND & OCTOPUS ISLAND KAYAKING TOUR
Zodiac and Kayaking Adventure - Duration 6 hours
Octopus Islands Kayaking Tour and Wildlife Viewing is a premium, customized adventure that’s close to home and will bring you deep into the heart of the Discovery Islands. On this adventure you will have full access to your own boat Captain, Guide/Naturalist and a certified Kayak Guide.
Your trip begins with a whale and wildlife excursion via zodiac, we then head out to the Octopus Islands where the kayaking adventure begins, while the boat stands by. Travelling by zodiac allows each trip to have its own unique experience and allows us to get to remote kayaking destinations faster.
On the kayak portion of the tour we will make our way through very unique microhabitats and island archipelagos in the Octopus Islands. On location you will enjoy lunch on the beach before embarking on your kayak adventure with your certified guide.
Every tour is different and what wildlife we see on tours varies depending on the seasonal migrations of marine mammals. You may encounter any number of Cetaceans- (Whales, Dolphin, Porpoise), Sea Lions, Seals, Bears, Marine Birds and Raptors (Bald Eagles).
Note: To book this adventure contact Quadra Island Kayaks
Book our kayaking tour on Quadra Island
Octopus Islands Kayaking and Wildlife is a premium, customized adventure that’s close to home and will bring you deep into the heart of the Discovery Islands. Your trip begins with a whale and wildlife excursion via zodiac with your boat guide & naturalist. Afterwards we head out to the Octopus Islands with your kayak guide, where your kayaking adventure begins, followed by a beach picnic.
QUADRA ISLAND KAYAKING TOUR INFORMATION
Rates & Additional Information
QUADRA ISLAND KAYAKING TOUR DETAILS
- $349 each plus $2 each conservation fee and taxes.
- 13% Fuel Surcharge
- Minimum 6 people.
- 50% deposit is required to confirm booking.
Booking for this tour is available at Quadra Island Kayaks.
- For all inquiries please call toll free 1- 877-475-8687 or local calls to (250) 285-3400
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- A warm layer and rain jacket, rain pants are also recommended. A reusable water bottle, waterproof shoes, but no flip flops please. Don’t forget your camera, sun cream and a hat.
- 5L and 10L dry bags are available.
- Rain gear is a good idea to wear under Mustang Survival Suits on the boat during weather events on Pacific Northwest Coastal days. Rain Gear is not a requirement, but recommended, alternately any warm and water resistant layers will do.
- Wearing cotton or denim on the kayak is not recommended.
- 8am daily if we have availability.
- Meet at Quadra Island Kayaks (QIK) Shack, 30 min prior to departure.
Private charters available upon request, additional fees may be applied.
Boat and Gear sanitation provided by Envirocleanse-A, also known as “Anolite,” is a next gen commercial disinfectant that is non-toxic, organic, biodegradable and EPA approved to kill SARS-CoV-2, the novel coronavirus that causes COVID-19 (CleanTerra.ca). For more information on our covid protocols see our covid safety plan in our Health and Safety Policy.
- Parking is limited so please try to carpool, bike or walk over.
- We are also walking distance from several different accommodations.
QUADRA ISLAND KAYAKING
We depart from Quadra Island Kayak’s shack on 615 Taku Rd, Heriot Bay, BC V0P 1H0, parking is limited so please carpool, bike or walk if possible.
Every tour is a bit different, this varies depending on the groups preference and more so on the movement of wildlife & whales. In general we try to have 2.5 hours for wildlife and a 2.5 hour paddle that includes lunch, give or take. And there is travel time on top of that. The trip is 6 hours total.
- There are accessible washrooms at the beginning and end of all tours.
- There is no bathroom on the boat however, we offer forest walks or intertidal bathroom breaks when we stop for lunch. This is the great outdoors!